Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sidewalk Arts 2008

Yesterday I participated in SCAD's annual Sidewalk Arts Festival for the second time (last year was my first, though I WISH I had done it the two previous years before that!).

Basically, SCAD students/alumni/etc can sign up for a square in Savannah's Forsyth Park, in which we can draw anything using just chalk. It's a great festival, and I just love getting live feedback from pedestrians and fellow artists!

Some people (incl. myself) use water & various tools to smoothen the colors.


Unfortunately for us yesterday, it rained various times throughout the day, washing the drawings right off of the sidewalk. My friend Nick and I stuck around and reworked on our squares til the end of the day, though.

The finished piece! Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, is it sidewalk arts time already? Have I been gone for a year?? Sheesh!

Good work!